4x4 Safari at Frédérica Nature Reserve
- Duration: 120 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Bel Ombre , Bel Ombre
- Product code: DT4x4
Make the most of these 2 hours tour of Heritage Nature Reserve and indulge in the rich diversity of landscape and wildlife.
Amongst all the great activities in Mauritius to choose from, the 4x4 safari is the perfect opportunity to learn more about the Ecotourism in Mauritius.
Sentier Goyaves is best suited for adventurous and seasoned drivers due to its steeper slopes. As you go deeper into the nature reserve, you will make contact with a vast vegetation and endemic bird species such as; the Pink Pigeon, the Mauritius Black Bulbul or the Mauritius Kestrel. The most memorable part of this route is the spectacular view over the Domaine de Bel Ombre , some 2500 hectares in the south-west of Mauritius, stretching from the mountains to the turquoise lagoon. As an additional bonus, you can take a dip into the Hirondelles Waterfall.
Once you have been through Sentiers Goyaves, set off on a fairly flat path through the sugar cane fields. Further on, drive past a fish pond towards the fascinating ruins of Heritage’s old sugar mill situated at the brink of Dalsing plains. It is home to a various wild animals in Mauritius. Explorers will be mesmerized by panoramic view over the nature reserve and the coastline. Finally, only a few steps away, our bikers can take a refreshing dip in the natural rock pool of L’Exemple Waterfall, before heading back.
Age limits for activities
Certain age limits apply for motorised activities:
- 4x4: Passengers as from 3 years old.
These above age limits have been established to ensure guest enjoyment, safety and security
Our Cancellation Policy is designed to outline the purpose and procedure for reporting cancellation of any of our activities. The Company is committed to uphold the customer relationship and goodwill of the enterprise with an adequate policy. Our provision of this information is to ensure the cancellation of Heritage Nature Reserve activities is reported to the tour operator and its customer in a timely manner in order to cause the least inconvenience.
Reasons for Cancellation:
- Cyclonic conditions
- Torrential rain or heavy rain causing the tracks to be impracticable or unsafe
- Heavy rain causing damage to large sections of the tracks
- Unsafe conditions on tracks
- Absence of competent person for tours
- Client’s withdrawal from an activity
- Any other ‘Force Majeure’
Cancellation by the Company
- As far as it is practicable, a reasonable advance notice will be given to the tour operator and its customers by the quickest means of communication available (email and phone).
- Listed hotel guests will be informed as soon as the notice of cancellation is released.
- Clients may be proposed to reschedule to another date upon cancellation by the company.
- 100% refund will be made upon cancellation of the activity by the company.
Cancellation by the Client
- The client can also reschedule his/her activities 24 hours before the activity starts.
- 100% refund will be made in case of cancellation 48 hours before the start of the activity.
- 50% refund will be made in case of cancellation 24 hours before the start of the activity.
- 100% cancellation fee shall be applied when the client cancels his/her booking after 4pm on the eve of the activity.
- Refunds will only be done on the original card used for the transaction.
- Refunds will not done to a different bank account or in cash
- The refund amount is calculated as at the refund date and takes into account the prevailing exchange rate applicable at that particular time.